So here's a little background on how we became a family of 3....
About 5 years ago we decided we wanted a baby more than anything, but after 8 miscarriages and 2 failed IVF's the doctors, my husband and I all felt hopeless. There was no explanation to what was happening...no cause...no answers.
During these 5 years my uncle Hervey was in the hospital suffering from Picks Disease. My brother and I were close to him growing up. He would spoil us...when mom said no, he said yes...he was the best uncle a girl could ask for. We'll on February 22, 2007 my mom, me, my Aunt Nettie and Uncle Billy all sat by his bedside as he took his final breaths. He seemed to go peacefully but it was the worst thing to go through for my whole family. You see, he was only 49 years old. He had his whole life ahead of him, two kids, a wife, and tons of energy. He loved sports...loved to coach...loved kids!!!
My husband and I found out we were pregnant 2 months later. We totally didn't expect it...thought it would never happen again and that it was just never going to be something we could have together. The moment I found out I immediately thought of my uncle, as did my family. Although I was still not past the danger zone for complications/miscarriage we all believed that my uncle had somehow left this world and our baby was created in his absence. Now our baby girl is here and I truly believe my uncle made this baby happen. It's a Miracle! Of course it would not have happened without my husband, but the fact that we tried for so long and that it just so happened that we conceived only a few weeks after my uncle's death makes it seem too coincidental. Every time I felt nauseous, every time I think about my baby, every time I look at my daughter, I ALWAYS think of my uncle Hervey. I will love him forever and be forever grateful for this Miracle he has given us. Just like when I was a kid, he would always make sure I got what I wanted and yet again, he has made sure I've gotten what I have wanted my whole life...a baby! Even though he is not here today, I know he is an angel looking down on us and is trying to make things better for our family and he's kicking butt up there in heaven!!!
Saturday, July 19, 2008
How we became three...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
What an amazing story, it brought tears to my eyes! Thank you for sharing. You had an amazing uncle! And your miracle baby is just precious!
Post a Comment